On the way from Cinque de Terre to Florence, we took a short detour to the town of Pisa to see the very famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. We left our luggage at the Pisa train station and took a local bus to see the tower...little did we know, we took the bus to the opposite direction, ending up wasting quite a bit of time....When we finally got travelling in the right route, we would have had missed our stop had it not been for some people at the bus ( I guess seeing like we dressed as tourist)..knew what we are after and shouted at us to go down the bus when it was the Leaning Tower stop....
I thought it was a random stop as I dont see the tower anywhere in sight....but we had to walk into a walled area to see the tower (and tourist stalls) in a nice green grassy compound. I was surprised at how short the tower was...(I half expected it to be the size of the Effiel Tower I guess) ....and yes if you push hard enough you can just make it lean! :)