Sunday, August 28, 2011

Swiss Alps - Mount Pilatus - Pt 2

When we finally reached the top, the view Is just AMAZING….probably just like everything you’ve ever seen on TV / advertisements. I spotted an area in the mountains that reminded me of the Salem advertisement I see growing up in Malaysia. They always filmed green mountains / fields and nice big pine trees, and I always remembered wondering  (back when I’ve never ventured out of the state of Penang) where in the world is this place and if it actually exists and how nice it would be if I could ever go to a place like that . JJ  Well, I believe THIS is the place…This is where those adverts are filmed!! The weather is very cool, and even the birds are different – they are furrier J.



There are 2 hotels which people could stay in, several restaurants, and several trails where we could follow, climb some steps and see the Alps from different angle / view. We of course did all the trails we can find, and got some amazing pictures from there.

 
 
 
 
 

There are some people paragliding from the mountain, which would have been amazing, considering we are at one of the most beautiful parts of the world!!! Not sure how much it cost, but I would guess a lot – considering how expensive everything here is. We didn’t know that they offer this service before our trip there, and hence dind’t book the adventure in advance. Guess we have to come back another time to try it!
The journey down is just as interesting as the journey up. We took a cable car for part of the way, where we are squashed into the cable car with like 30 other people. We were the first kiasu couple to get into the cable car hence got the best spots to stand and appreciate the full view of the descent down. The cable car ride ends in a little town midway down the mountain where there’s a fun park – a rope course entertainment for families, and the longest / biggest summer tobaggon in Swizerland!!! I was soooooo keen to take a tobaggon ride as I have never tried one before, but unfortunately the queue for it is really long and we have to continue on with our journey – maybe next time.



Next, we take a gondola all the way to the foot of the mountain to a town called Krien.  We had the privilledge of having the whole gondola to ourselves, so have a romantic time enjoying the beautiful scenary of the Swiss Alps.

 From Krien, we took a public bus back to Luzern, and the bus is like a tram-bus. It runs on wheels on the road ( no special tram tracks), but it cannot never go off course because it is connected via its areas (2 wires sticking from the top of the bus) to the wires that run along the streets.