I never knew that the St Bernard’s dog breed is a Swiss dog. When I was little, I use to watch a cartoon of the very long haired St Bernard dog with a big barrel on its collar. Its hair is so long that its eyes will be covered, and from what I remember, the barrel round its collar is used to carry whisky. Also, my dad use to tell me that it’s a red cross dog – ie. the dog works for red cross and it carries medicine / saves lives…. that’s why there’s the sign of the red cross on its barrel …….only now, did I realise that the cross on the barrel is not the red cross sign, but the Switzerland flag!!! Hehehe…..a myth unveiled. I got myself one of these dogs as a sovenior ….reminds me of my childhood cartoon. J
We also had the opportunity to see Swissmen flag throw and blowing this very interesting longggg instrument that is almost like across between a trumpet and the Australian Aboriginal’s traditional musical instrument.
The cuckoo clocks on sale in all the souvernior shops distracted us quite a bit – hthey can be quite costly ranging from the low CHF100+ to the few thousdans of CHF. We were almost at the brink of buying one but didn’t – apparently those clocks are made in Germany – I have no idea why they are selling it in Switzerland, and is everything…I gather, if its made in Germany and the wood its made of is from Germany, that’s probably the best place to buy it then.
No comments:
Post a Comment