Stockholm is where the Nobel Prize started - Alfred Nobel is a Swedish Chemist. The Physics, Chemistry, Physiology/Medicine and Literature Prizes are awarded annually in Stockholm but the Peace Prize is always awarded in Oslo, Norway.
I wouldn't say I like the Gold room very much, although it's apparently made from melted real gold. The paintings in the room are...a bit scary, I must say. The tour guide told us that that's the same sentiment many Swedish people have about the room - they were a bit disappointed with it. The lady in the middle of the wall, which is suppose to be the caretaker / protector of Stockholm looks very scary with hair that looks like Medusa's - snakelike. However, the artist claimed that the protector of Stockholm should look fierce, but not pretty. Hehe...
As it is the town hall, it is also where the town council meet to discuss issues....reminds me very much of the parliament, only i guess, on a smaller scale.
Other beautiful rooms include...
No comments:
Post a Comment