Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Spanish Food scene in Barcelona.

As compared to all our other travels, we had a very different food experience in Barcelona. Normally, when we travel, we try to eat perhaps one major meal a day, and eat cheaply the rest of the day. I guess its the good company that we travel with this time...who enjoy their food, and travel in style. :)

Tapas tapas tapas - we had it almost every day! I don't know about the rest, but I sure ain't tired of it. :):) It's like the Spanish version of dim-sum. Little bits of different stuff to taste. Yummmmm....

Paella is another Spanish specialty that I just could not get tired of....as with all other food, it taste so much better here in Spain then any other paella I had in the other parts of the world. :)

And, hehe...I was just wondering for days why were there no Spanish Doughnuts in Spain...and FINALLY,we manage to find a store selling Spanish doughnuts on the waterfront. Yum Yum...

Believe we manage to cover of all the local Spanish food on this trip :)






We had one of the best (and most expensive) meal at this place.



Black squid ink Paella

Eating Spanish doughnuts


Yummy...Mussels!
Here are some shots from the Waterfront - a beach with many surfers, and where there are restaurants facing the sea.





The 2 tall buildings..we were walking to this landmark as this is supposedly where all the restaurants are.
Our last meal in Barcelona, at the Waterfront with couches that you could sleep on. facing the waves. Awesome day to spend a whole afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment