" The world is like a book and those who do not travel have only read one page. " (Tour guide in Munich).
Thanks for sharing life with us!! As we go through this journey of life and experience the wonders of God's creation....
On our first full day in Barcelona, we made a trip to Montjuic ( pronouced Magic??), a hill located near the centre of Barcelona, To get up to the hill...we took a Cable car, and got the see Barcelona city, and the sea from a bird's eye view.
Barcelona's Subway station
In the cable car...getting ready to go up up up..
Our first stop on the hill is the Castell de Montjuic - a 18th century fortress. Walking, climbing up and down the place is fun - makes me feel like a kid again, and we got some really nice views of Barcelona. I must say that Barcelona is a very condensed city that does not look as if its well planned at all! Hehe..
On the hill, we stumble upon this patch of cactus which I thought was really interesting
We made a short stop to the Olympic stadium (also on the hill) that was used in the 1992 Olympics.
At the foot of the hill, in front of the Palau Nacional (the National Palace) which is also used as a museum, is the large and famous Magic Fountain - that's the highlight of the place. The fountain put on 4 musical / light shows each night. At night, both the palace and the fountain are illuminated. Many mentioned that its one of the most beautiful fountain shows they have seen...but I was pretty sure I have seen something similar in Malaysia...perhaps Mines Wonderland??
Tried to position myself so I could capture a picture of a man each between the poles
The group of us, enjoying the musical fountain
This is very uniquely shaped shopping centre just across the big fountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment