Saturday, October 8, 2011

Skansen - Sweeden's Largest Open Air Museum and Zoo


Skanen is the largest open air museum (and zoo) in the Scandinavia. All the different types of buildlings / structures from all over Sweden were brought here from all over the country to re-create an environment that is similar to the olden days.







Cinderella sweeping the floor






Like how grass grows on the roof of this farmhouse!

These farm animals are from the farm in the museum


This painted horse is a very common Swedish souvenir




We had quite an enjoyable time looking at the various scandinavian animals in the zoo.
The owl walked around with its back facing us, then suddenly turn its head 180 degrees to face us. Very cute and reminds me of the cartoon that I use to watch when I was a small kid. 

Ox with super thick fur to withstand the cold weather

Brown bears at play




This, I believe, is the nostrils of a large seal!


One of the Swedish ladies dressed in olden day traditional clothes walking around the Museum


View of Stockholm from the top of a hill in Skansen

No comments:

Post a Comment