I must say that the Luxembourg experience is so very different to the UK Royal Wedding Experience....and in chronological order:
1) The Bridal Car
We were just walking around town when we accidentally stumbled upon the bridal car. By this time the wedding is being conducted in the church and the car is just waiting around for the ceremony to end. Its amusing how relax security are and I got to pose rather close to the car for pictures. :)
2) The Perfect Photo
We only had to wait 15 minutes behind street barricades for the perfect photo when the bridal car with the bridge and groom drive past us. I cant believe how close we are...first row as well. Its so different to our London experience where we had to stand 5 hours on a spot (and its not even the first row) to get the perfect photo.
3) Fireworks
To celebrate the wedding, the palace put on an amazing showcase of fireworks display for wedding guests around the world, and of course for the whole city of Luxembourg to enjoy. According to Mr T, this is the most magnificent fireworks display he has seen in a long while.....there were even fireworks in the shape of a heart!! ..(but I still think the fireworks at Disney World Magic Kingdom every night is the most spectacular I have ever seen, especially with Cinderella castle as a backdrop).
4) Royal couple walk the streets
After the fireworks display, the crowd were just all inching back to wherever it is they came from. I got pulled into a souvenir shop by Mr T when suddenly I heard a lot of screaming. I tried to run out of the shop to see what the commotion was all about but only manage to the doors of the shop (which is a few steps higher then the road) when I saw the royal couple...the prince and new bride right in front of my eyes!!! They are just walking around on the streets - unannounced!!! That was what all the screams were about....True that they were surrounded by policemen, but it's still so open and close to the public. I (and the people around me) waved our hearts out and they turned and waved in my direction too! :):) Star struck!! I still couldn't get over how relaxed things are over here!!
5) Live concert
There's also a live music concert set up in the middle of the city square to celebrate the joyous occasion. We stayed for a while...but I don't really enjoy the music, although I do enjoy the atmosphere and people around. :)
I guess that's the highlight of our trip to Luxembourg - the by chance encounter with royalty. Oh, and I forgot to mentioned, at the palace gates, we saw a couple of guys that everyone wants to take photos with / off. So we happily snap photos too....although we have no idea who they are. (I was thinking, perhaps its the Prime Minister of Luxembourg cause the guy look so much like David Cameron (PM of UK...hahahah). Turns out that they are some famous TV personality from Belgium - obviously guests at the wedding.