Saturday, September 24, 2011

Warwick Castle

Just under half hour away from Birmingham, there lies a little town called Warwick, which has a beautiful old castle. Since there's not much to see in Birmingham, we decided to spend a whole day in Warwick.

The streets are really quaint and nice....I guess as with all little towns in the UK.It lifted my spirits up to be in a cozy, beautiful little town setting - very refreshing.








The castle was an amazing sight...with towers to climb and dungeons to explore. A few friends came to mind , that would absolutely love exploring a castle like this. We did a tour of the dungeon, which could be quite frightening especially for young children. The tour leads you to the various rooms in the dungeon / goal of the castle, and a scary character meet you at each room to put on a scary act. There were also room full of knights in shiny armour, weapons, and even some furniture of the olden days.
















 





Men practising their self defence skills on the Castle grounds



We also climbed the highest towers of the castle...and take in spectacular views of Warwick.



In the middle of the afternoon, there was a wedding that took place in one of the dining halls of the castle...wow..what a treat...to get married in a castle. Reminded me of this weird dream that I got when I was in Australia and leading up to my wedding day...I dreamt that I was getting married in Kyral Castle (a old, worn down castle in Ballarat) and I was wearing slippers, and the groom and groomsmen wore shorts with angel wings!!!! ) A 'dream' wedding? I dont know.. hahaha

Hall n the castle where the wedding will take place
In the castle grounds...if you look hard enough, you will see the wedding cars.