Friday, April 22, 2011

City of Vienna

A last minute decision to join some friends from Singapore to Vienna over the Easter weekend. Vienna – the world's capital of classical music. Because it was so last minute, our trip ended up costing heaps – the air ticket, hotels, etc.

They say there are 3 things you need to do to at Vienna....of which two are stated below (as I forgot one)...
1) Go to an opera for classical music
2) Have Viennese traditional food – (something similar to chicken parma)
I think we did all, although I cant be sure as I don’t remember what number 3. is!!

We were pleasantly surprised at how clean and neat the city is. Yes, its much more pleasant then even Paris – more spacious, calm and neat. There are no crowds on the street (although I do not know if that's because of the Easter long weekend). A casual stroll around the city is a real joy - beautiful gardens, a nice big fountain, carriages drawn by horses, street performers….and of coure the many cute little Viennese cafes along the streets. We had the famous Viennese cake ( famous for what, I don’t know) but came highly recommended by Hao Ran.

 
We couldn't get tickets into one of the most famous theatre in the city, but stumbled upon this crowd of people watching the opera for free outside ( a outdoor big screen TV projecting the show as its happening inside the theatre)  – Saved us a few hundred euros J
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment